The Virgin Atlantic lounge has been reviewed many times before, but it is simply the best U.S. airport lounge I’ve ever visited. They have a relatively extensive menu, lots of premium drinks and champagne. The staff is friendly and offer a very high level of service. The lounge has a spa which offers a hair cuts, unfortunately haircuts are only complimentary for Virgin Atlantic passages, so I had to cough up $20 for a haircut. $20 is roughly what I would pay for a hair cut, so I decided to go for it.
Menu Set Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse JFK
Lanson Black Label Champagne, NV, France 12.5% abv – a very smooth champagne
Very nice empanadas
The chicken curry was highly recommended
Very nice Tea Forte
Tarmac View Etihad Airbus A380
Tarmac Views – Emirates Airbus A380
Tarmac Views – AirEuropa Airbus A330
Tarmac Views – Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787
LED hued walkway towards shower suite
Overall Score: 3.6/5 – A good lounge based on international standards, one of the best lounges I’ve visited in the U.S.
Seating Area: 4/5
- The greatest variety of seats I’ve ever seen in a lounge.
- A formal dining area for proper restaurant type meals.
Entertainment: 4/5 –
- The lounge had a pool table, several TVs and great views of the tarmac.
- Great wifi – I was able to download videos for the flight.
- Provided access to Mac desktops.
Spa – 2.5/5
- The lounge offered complimentary treatments to holders of Virgin Upper Class tickets only.
- Hair treatments and trims (not wet shaves) are available for men.
- Spa staff was tardy in fulfilling appointments, causing scheduled appointments to be pushed back.
Customer Service – 4/5 –
- The staff paid attention and seemed excited to be there.
- The waiters/waitress checked up on each guest constantly we gave her a positive review when we left.
- The spa employees were slow and did not have the energy of the rest of the lounge staff.
Food & Drink – 3.5/5 –