For the first time PilotsEYE.tv is guest in the cockpit of a Boeing 747-400 and accompanies the ruler over 710 aircraft and 1700 pilots in the aviation retirement. The new episode of PilotsEYE.tv shines with smog-free pictures of Los Angeles and with intimate glances into the cockpit: Flottenchef Norbert Wölfles last flight after 38 years of service. Due to special strong winds, today it is on a very southern air road, which is normally only used for home-flying, to USA. This allows the crew to make an hour delay and even land before the planned arrival. Operational is the route change no problem, because the Boeing 747 with the identifier D-ABTK is already equipped with the "paperless cockpit", thus an additional screen at the cockpit window on which all flight documents are digitally present.
– At 200 km / h backwind across the Atlantic
– Sunset over the Grand Canyon
– Original flight planning maps
– Simultaneous view of pilot and airplane
– The last flight of the lead wolf
– Norbert's favorite places in Los Angeles
– Thoughts on the end of the career after 38 years of service
// ENGLISH //
For the first time, PilotsEYE.tv is a guest in the cockpit of a Boeing 747-400 and accompanies the commander over 710 aircraft and 1700 pilots into aeronautical retirement. PilotsEYE shows the most spectacular pictures from the cockpit of airliners and assertions. Due to the strong winds, today's flight goes to the USA on a very southerly airway, which is only in use for flights to the east. A strong tail wind allows the crew to make up a one hour delay and land even before the scheduled arrival. Operationally, this change of route is not a problem, because the Boeing 747 with the registration D-ABTK is already equipped with the "paperless cockpit", and therefore an additional screen on the cockpit window, on which all flight documents are digitally available.
– Unusually faststroke routing over the Atlantic
– Joyous sunset over the Grand Canyon
– Authentic navigation charts by LIDO
– Split view of the pilot and runway during landing
– Captain's tour of the Getty Museum and Griffith Obs.
– Reflections on 38 years and 25,000 flight hours
DVD: EAN 4260139480043 ISBN 978-3-940358-04-2 ASIN B004HDYZGG
Blu-ray: EAN 4260139480142 ISBN 978-3-940358-14-1 ASIN B004HDYZG6