map doh 3

I landed into Doha just after 6 am, the flight from Manchester had been great….more akin to First Class than Business Class in terms of food quality and attentive service.
I had 2 hours until flight number 2 of my round the world adventure so I proceeded to the Qatar Airways Business Class lounge in order to take a shower and refresh before my flight to Jakarta.



Upon entering the lounge I was impressed, very open, very large and well staffed.

There were shower facilities, smoking lounge, bar, restaurant buffet, business areas etc. A nice space to spend a few hours.


I headed to the E gates about 45 minutes to departure via the internal airport tram, once boarded I took my seat and started to upload the first trip report to the blog.

I was offered champagne, amenity kit etc.

I immediately put my pyjamas on because I knew I wanted to get at least 5 hours sleep on the flight starting asap.

After my sleep I walked to the rear of the cabin, it’s a really fresh and cool looking cabin the Dreamliner has excellent air quality too and on today’s flight there were only 7 passengers so it made for a quiet journey.


At the rear of the cabin are two Business Class seats on their own, mixed feelings about these, they are very private alas they back onto the economy cabin and therefore could but subject to noise.


There is also a mini-bar at the back with snacks and champagne.


I then ordered some food whilst I watched the classic Planet of the Apes. The food on Qatar is excellent in terms of selection and taste.

I had the chilli soup


Followed by the goats cheese and king prawn salad


Then the pastrami and cheese bagel


Finished with the chocolate and pistachio cakes.


The crew were very attentive and absolutely loved the journey I was on, almost ever crew member came by to talk to me about it, with one of them saying can we get a picture with you…it would be an honour! Now they weren’t sucking up to me I promise, they genuinely thought it was fantastic and had never had a passenger doing anything like it.


I relaxed and watched the clouds go by with my music on for the rest of the flight.
Now quick two hour turnaround in Indonesia then it’s onto Hong Kong.


Leave a Reply